Saturday, November 25, 2017

TOMMY KEENE gone but not forgotten.. A Musican's musican...

Tommy Keene master pop indie rocker and song craftsmen.. and my friend has passed in his sleep.

 He was as good a guitar player on the indie rock scene as anyone,  Please visit his song catalog .. in the usual places.  Now I can say what he wanted to keep quiet ... and I did. Tommy was gay,  Most people did not know and those in the industry kept it a secret. Why you ask in 2017?  Well, homophobia killed Darby Crash, keep the Screamers w/ Tomato DuPlenty from being signed by a major, isolated Sister Double Happiness. The closet nearly killed Mark Eitzel, and I could go on but stop here. It's just the same fear that closet that is just the  tip of the iceberg

Tommy was one of the kindest and sweetest indie rockers I ever met. His discipline and craftsmanship at songwriting is manifest on albums and cds. I am speechless at the moment to properly give him his due/

Tommy Keene was a musician that his peers resed and loved.

Tommy and Peter Holsapple  two friends and master song crafters




Last saw him play in Brooklyn with Ivan Julien at Union.Hall a few months back.






We chatted after, He showed me pictures of his dog. Was glad to hear that he and a lover visited Steve Fallon (Maxwell's) in Rehobeth Beach,,,,,,, tick tock...make sure you tell the ones you are pissed at the moment that you also love them .(the lesson AIDS taught me) .. so when suddenly they are gone you send them on their Bardo journey wrapped in love  To all who Tommy loved, speak up please. It's OK now

Loved you Tommy , my gay rocker brother.

here is a live video form the final tour .. a taste .. not perfec but now a memory to be cherrished




And here a goodbye song for us left stunned by the news This song by Carmaig De Forest speaks for me
Bad Things Happen Carmaig De Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment