Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Watch: Music Icon David Byrne Looks Back During ‘Stop Making Sense’ Q&A | Filmlinc.com | Film Society of Lincoln Center

Jonathan Demme's Taking Heads concert film,  Stop Making Sense,   was my drug of choice during the plague years of the 80's . It played frequently at the long gone 8th St Payhouse ( one more Village culture temple swallowed hoe by the voracious behemoth NYU) and I woud just slip in when ever I felt too overwhealned with the dying of my friends, Iwoud sit there and just be with the Taking Heads .. and like a mantra in motion i would find repite from the storm. The Heads were a downtown band and thought they had become world successful they remained to me the kids on the bock I liked. So when the Sound and Fury movie festival at lincoln Center programed it wiyh  David  in conversation I was for a moment in Heaven,
Watch: Music Icon David Byrne Looks Back During ‘Stop Making Sense’ Q&A | Filmlinc.com | Film Society of Lincoln Center

No comments:

Post a Comment