Wednesday, February 3, 2021

SUNDANCE 2021: I Just finished watching "Judas and the Black Massiah" premiere at Sundance. I can not express how deeply this profound, narrative film about Fred Hampton, the FBI, The Black Panther Party and the role of informers and Cointelpro triggered memories of my life and politics. It takes me back to a very exciting and sometimes painful period of my life  
I cannot link you to the film it is not available. But will be streaming starting Feb 12 on HBOMax. 

 I will post my ReelDealMovies review when finished thinking and writing. Here is the trailer which I suggest you watch first 

and the
virtual Q&A that follows. 

I also must tell you it is seeing a film like this is the reason I have gone to Sundance for over 20 years.I am glad that this year Sundance arrived virtually but nothing is like sitting in a theater at Sundance and communally watching a film together and then participating in the Q&A Or sitting on the film shuttle bus talking to people you know or don't know about what you have seen and want to recommend ..or not recommend and listening to what they recommend 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment